PDA

View Full Version : Rare Steed Request

2011-03-24, 06:29 AM
Any ways to get rare steeds for VIPs either by purchase or events?
I had been trying hard to get a rare steed but failed for long....

Khev
2011-03-24, 08:29 AM
Just wait till another Rare Mount shopping rush comes out. Its 13k cps but eh.

User621332415
2011-03-24, 09:06 AM
or just bulk and win elite pkt
oh w8
do not bulk
last time i won a rare steed from elite pkt was about 2-3 months ago

Khev
2011-03-24, 09:23 AM
or just bulk and win elite pkt
oh w8
do not bulk
last time i won a rare steed from elite pkt was about 2-3 months ago

My ideas better. 2 Rare steeds for a bulk rather than multiple bulks to be able to beat multiple people to have a chance to win a rare steed. :p

User621332415
2011-03-25, 09:12 AM
where u can buy 2 rare steeds for a bulk?
do u mean that pathetic shopping rush ?

Khev
2011-03-25, 09:18 AM
where u can buy 2 rare steeds for a bulk?
do u mean that pathetic shopping rush ?

Isn't that what I said?

Impulse~
2011-03-25, 07:10 PM
A lot of the kings with full +12 will sell even the rare steeds for 10-15 DBs as they already have a +12 horse and it is no longer necessary for them.

I bought a +6 frostbite steed for 8 dbs and I made it +7 with 10k/18k progress for free.

User348252046
2011-03-27, 02:44 AM
nice :)

LadyGothica
2011-03-29, 12:03 AM
Idk... I think it would be alot nicer if they had more details put in to make your own. There are people, like myself, that like doing things on their own instead of having to always 'buy' things or farm for hours and make different combos and pray you get a pattern down.

Out of those mindless hours, I've at least come to the conclusion that there is a mathematical pattern to the color bars, but thinking of all the endless combinations there are / could be to achieving 1 desired effect is mind numbing and frankly I just don't have the time for it.... xD

Tommit
2011-03-31, 03:14 AM
Idk... I think it would be alot nicer if they had more details put in to make your own. There are people, like myself, that like doing things on their own instead of having to always 'buy' things or farm for hours and make different combos and pray you get a pattern down.

Out of those mindless hours, I've at least come to the conclusion that there is a mathematical pattern to the color bars, but thinking of all the endless combinations there are / could be to achieving 1 desired effect is mind numbing and frankly I just don't have the time for it.... xD

I agree the horses needed to make a rare breed would indeed encourage me to buy more steeds instead of sticking with the one I have so I can make my own rare breed. I really want a frostbite but until I am sure how to make one or can buy one I will be sticking with my saphire that I got by luck.

LadyGothica
2011-03-31, 10:24 PM
I agree the horses needed to make a rare breed would indeed encourage me to buy more steeds instead of sticking with the one I have so I can make my own rare breed. I really want a frostbite but until I am sure how to make one or can buy one I will be sticking with my saphire that I got by luck.

I have a Nightmare steed... which looks pretty awesome and can create one with like 22 saddles or so. But its an intense process of exact combos and placement for each one! >.<

Yabaza
2011-04-01, 09:23 AM
If they make it easy to get a Frostbite and all those Rare Steeds, then whats the point of actually owning them if they aren't as rare anymore? and probably half the server will have a Frostbite. You pay to show off your steed, or stick with a normal one.

LadyGothica
2011-04-03, 02:30 AM
If they make it easy to get a Frostbite and all those Rare Steeds, then whats the point of actually owning them if they aren't as rare anymore? and probably half the server will have a Frostbite. You pay to show off your steed, or stick with a normal one.

I don't think a +1-+6 rare steed should be so hard to obtain, seeing as how people / TQ want at least 10-13k cps for one.... Make it hard to make, but make it POSSIBLE to actually make one.... That's all I'm sayin o.o

~Nicknac~
2011-04-03, 02:34 AM
hard to make would have to equal 13k cps ~ 15-16k saddles... thats hard / not worth it in my eyes.

mortar4you2
2011-04-03, 02:37 AM
I'd do it, lol... be cool to have a frostbite or blazehoof but I'm not going to ever spend 13k CPs on it. 15k saddles... I can go hunt those for the next year, lol.

Much rather raise my gear than pay for a horse that just looks cool.

~Nicknac~
2011-04-03, 02:39 AM
my horse was traded to me :)

+7 blazehoof for my +7 star.

*LUNA*
2011-04-11, 11:35 PM
i have i passion and im happy whit that one :) but dont ask me how to make i dont know att all hehe but wout be nice to now how to make couse i friend want one to lol

Kaiichi
2011-04-12, 12:42 AM

Rares can't be 'made' The Blazehoof could be made at one point, but you have to have a sunset steed to start with which, you guessed it, can't be made. It was only available during the first shopping rush for mounts. In any case. TQ should set them up so it's at least possible to make them using nothing but saddles (and they can't say that it IS possible as there are numerous steed calculators out there that crunch all the math as far as making things, and it has been proven that they can't be made with saddles alone).

mortar4you2
2011-04-12, 01:09 AM
http://forum.gg2co.com/viewforum.php?f=16

I personally use that forum if I have any questions about steeds.

It's pretty well dead but the combos for making them are still there as are the tools if you want to try something new.

I still play around with the steed calculator from time to time but it's very difficult to get the right color combo to make a rare steed...I usually give up after it gets to a few thousand saddles with a long way still to go, lol.

~Matt~
2011-04-12, 01:17 AM
Rares can't be 'made' The Blazehoof could be made at one point, but you have to have a sunset steed to start with which, you guessed it, can't be made. It was only available during the first shopping rush for mounts. In any case. TQ should set them up so it's at least possible to make them using nothing but saddles (and they can't say that it IS possible as there are numerous steed calculators out there that crunch all the math as far as making things, and it has been proven that they can't be made with saddles alone).

Actually - there was a method of how to make frostbite, and i believe spotted, However, they actually took over 1million saddles!

The problem with rare steeds is you have to get all 3 colours exactly right, where as non rares you have a colour range. (I was quite a major contributor to gg2co)

http://forum.gg2co.com/viewforum.php?f=16

I personally use that forum if I have any questions about steeds.

It's pretty well dead but the combos for making them are still there as are the tools if you want to try something new.

I still play around with the steed calculator from time to time but it's very difficult to get the right color combo to make a rare steed...I usually give up after it gets to a few thousand saddles with a long way still to go, lol.

Yeah, i was a major contributor here, i helped make a few of the combos you see today! As i have stated above, there was once rare combos knocking around, but they got removed. To make frostbite, you would actually get to +12 before making it a frostbite!

But yes, i was one of the few that made a blazehoof from sunset!

mortar4you2
2011-04-12, 01:22 AM
Yeah, i was a major contributor here, i helped make a few of the combos you see today! As i have stated above, there was once rare combos knocking around, but they got removed. To make frostbite, you would actually get to +12 before making it a frostbite!

But yes, i was one of the few that made a blazehoof from sunset!

That's cool... I remember the thread on frostbite, sadly I didn't get the info before it was removed at the OP's request.

Can't blame them for wanting to keep it to themselves but that many saddles wouldn't be worth using anyways from a standpoint of selling for profit.

~Matt~
2011-04-12, 01:47 AM
That's cool... I remember the thread on frostbite, sadly I didn't get the info before it was removed at the OP's request.

Can't blame them for wanting to keep it to themselves but that many saddles wouldn't be worth using anyways from a standpoint of selling for profit.

the only way i could see it being worth making was if you seriously had the patience of a god! Even then, 1 wrong click along the way and BAM, your ruined!

mortar4you2
2011-04-12, 02:01 AM
the only way i could see it being worth making was if you seriously had the patience of a god! Even then, 1 wrong click along the way and BAM, your ruined!

For personal use, I'd probably try to make it, lol. But for selling it? No one is going to pay what so many saddles would be worth even if it was a +12 rare breed, lol.

~Matt~
2011-04-12, 02:03 AM
For personal use, I'd probably try to make it, lol. But for selling it? No one is going to pay what so many saddles would be worth even if it was a +12 rare breed, lol.

it wouldnt even be worth making for personal use due to how much could go wrong, and you wouldnt find out if you did anything wrong untill you enter the final saddle!

mortar4you2
2011-04-12, 02:27 AM
it wouldnt even be worth making for personal use due to how much could go wrong, and you wouldnt find out if you did anything wrong untill you enter the final saddle!

Quite true, lol. But I'm pretty good at keeping things organized.

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot if I had the formula.

Anyway... like you said, the thread was cleaned and I'm honestly not 100 pct sure how to go about even figuring it out on my own. I've played with the steed calculator but it would take forever using that to figure out a combo with so many saddles.

I suppose the best way to figure it out would be to code something up in C++ / C# but I'm rusty like you wouldn't believe on those, lol.

~Matt~
2011-04-12, 02:37 AM
Quite true, lol. But I'm pretty good at keeping things organized.

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot if I had the formula.

Anyway... like you said, the thread was cleaned and I'm honestly not 100 pct sure how to go about even figuring it out on my own. I've played with the steed calculator but it would take forever using that to figure out a combo with so many saddles.

I suppose the best way to figure it out would be to code something up in C++ / C# but I'm rusty like you wouldn't believe on those, lol.

yeah, my friend eric made one and it was about 95% accurate. He coded it so it would work out all possible combos for a certain breed automatically. but he couldn't get this to work for the rares, he could only use the program for steeds with maximum 1000 saddles i think

mortar4you2
2011-04-12, 02:40 AM
yeah, my friend eric made one and it was about 95% accurate. He coded it so it would work out all possible combos for a certain breed automatically. but he couldn't get this to work for the rares, he could only use the program for steeds with maximum 1000 saddles i think

yeah... 95% accuracy doesn't really cut it over 1 mil saddles when you need exact numbers for RGB, lol

~Matt~
2011-04-12, 02:40 AM
yeah... 95% accuracy doesn't really cut it over 1 mil saddles when you need exact numbers for RGB, lol

exactly, but it did help cut quite a few combos down to a lower steed count

*LUNA*
2011-04-12, 02:46 AM
and then some dare to tell that zebra is i easy one to make :s
why then dont we see alot off them in game :p

mortar4you2
2011-04-12, 02:48 AM
exactly, but it did help cut quite a few combos down to a lower steed count

yeah, I remember that. I was actually on a break from CO when steeds came about but I read about a lot of this stuff when I came back. I remember a lot of talk about a guy with a program to find steed combos (your friend I'm assuming) and that he'd found much lower saddle count combos for a lot of steeds.

*LUNA*
2011-04-12, 02:51 AM
hehe ye even one was telling passion was easy to make to
but do we see thouse to no way just iff you have chance to buy one from i good friend like i dit lol :d

mortar4you2
2011-04-12, 02:59 AM
double post

#Request Delete

mortar4you2
2011-04-12, 03:04 AM
hehe ye even one was telling passion was easy to make to
but do we see thouse to no way just iff you have chance to buy one from i good friend like i dit lol :d

There are several of the non-rare steeds that are still unsolved... seems silly to make them so difficult to obtain that years later we still can't make steeds that are supposedly of common varieties.

Maybe I'll start working on a program now since I apparently won't be able to log into CO tonight.

Matt, I don't suppose you have the source code for your friends' prog? Might be easier to edit that to try and get more accuracy from it that start from scratch with my own

~Matt~
2011-04-12, 03:16 AM
There are several of the non-rare steeds that are still unsolved... seems silly to make them so difficult to obtain that years later we still can't make steeds that are supposedly of common varieties.

Maybe I'll start working on a program now since I apparently won't be able to log into CO tonight.

Matt, I don't suppose you have the source code for your friends' prog? Might be easier to edit that to try and get more accuracy from it that start from scratch with my own

I don't sorry, he never shared the program at all, he kept it to himself! although i could ask him for it.

As for the unsolved non-rares, they are unsolved because they are impossible to make out of saddles due to the RGB values being above the values of all 3 regular steeds.

*LUNA*
2011-04-12, 03:23 AM
nice to see you here matt :)
and still mmm wout be nice to make some steeds off my own to
like passion and zebra but most off all the lava steed
i dont mind to hunt sadels like hell if i can logg in again hahaha